Youth Development and
What is the Youth Development and Empowerment Program?
The youth development and empowerment program funded by iEmpower is aimed at engaging, enabling and empowering young people to develop positive links with the Victorian justice system. Through providing young people with information sessions and case management services, the program equips participants with the opportunity to improve their leadership, confidence and employability skills. Furthermore, the program facilitates pathways for participants to access education and training opportunities including scholarships.
The program which takes up to 25 young people at any given time, has sixteen structured sessions which are delivered between 10-16 weeks depending on the intensity of the program and the makeup of the group.
Objectives and Aims
- Engage young people to understand their civil and human rights
- Empower young people to develop skills to build on their strengths
- Enable young people to build their resilience
- Empower and support young people to be contributing members of the broader community
- Engagement of young people in mainstream community life
- Development of cognitive and emotional literacy
- Promotes information sharing to young people on civil rights and the justice system
- Opportunities for young people to engage with one and other
- Fostering and building the resilience of young people and the community
How to become involved
The program can be offered at multiple locations, including:
- Inner West Melbourne
- North West Melbourne
- Other regional locations