Jobs Victoria Employment Network.
What is JVEN?
JVEN is the Victorian Government’s major initiative to help Victorians facing barriers to employment into jobs. Our employment specialists at iEmpower work closely with employers to find job opportunities and help young people looking for work prepare for these jobs. The program connects jobseekers with the opportunities they need to gain employment, as well as supporting them in sustaining employment.
Our Initiative: Roads to Work
The Roads to Work initiative is aimed at assisting highly disadvantaged unemployed youth. The projects are aimed at assisting those who are locked out from the labour market because of their vocational and non-vocational barriers to employment. Employment Coaches and Marketing Consultants at iEmpower and our partners (Holmesglen & Lend-A-Hand) will support eligible job seekers to develop employability skills to gain and maintain meaningful employment.
Our initiative is also aimed at enabling Victorian businesses to meet their skill and labour needs. Roads to Work offers a tailored support service, not only in assisting to secure employment opportunities for vulnerable young people, but also linking them to trainings and other support services based on their individual needs.
- Job search support and mentoring
- Work preparation
- Job matching and placement
- Personal support to address non-vocational barriers
- Referral to training and/or literacy and numeracy support, if required
- Post-employment support to jobseekers and employers
- Active engagement with employers, industry and trade unions to identify vacancies
Our services support people facing barriers to employment, including people who are:
- from culturally diverse backgrounds
- long-term unemployed
- homeless or at risk of homelessness
- single parents
- youth justice clients
- social housing residents
- young people in and out of home care
- low-income earners
- people with disability
- people with mental illness
- refugees, asylum seekers and migrants