We welcome volunteers to partake in any of our programs or to assist us with administration or speciﬁc projects, depending on the need of the oragnisation at the time. Volunteering provides volunteers with the opportunity to do something you’re passionate about, learn new skills, meet and work with people from diverse backgrounds and assist us in unleashing the potential of refugee youth in society. If you are interested in volunteering with us, please submit an expression of interest, along with your resume, cover letter and any references to support your application.
Student Placements and Internships
We take students from a variety of institutions and courses however, this depends on our capacity to accommodate students. Student placements and internships provide opportunities for students to build and develop their skills, knowledge and experiences in the community development sector. If you are interested in a student placement, please submit an expression of interest, along with your resume, cover letter and any references to support your application.
Who can volunteer or intern?
- Be at least 18 years of age
- Special consideration may be made for those aged between 16-18.
- Enrolled in a tertiary student course or a recent graduate in a relevant discipline (internships and student placements)
Key Selection Criteria
We are looking for volunteers and interns who demonstrate the following attributes:
- Ability to work in a team
- Uphold the highest level of respect for people from all backgrounds, religions, ethnicities and cultures
- Demonstrated cultural competency
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work in a fast-paced environment
Click here to submit your expression of interest.
Bachelor of Mental Health & Alcohol and other Drugs
The staﬀ of iEmpower ﬁts with the organisations values and believes, because everyone is respectfulness. If I was going to ﬁnish my study successfully, you all are part of my journey, without your support throughout my placement.